Wednesday, December 5, 2007

DUMPY

Umm... so this isn't very nice but I am going to write it anyway...

My calling at church is "Break the fast co-chair" and I am in charge of feeding 80 PEOPLE a full meal once a month as well as a munch and mingle every 3rd Sunday and it is actually a lot more stressful of a calling then I really thought it would be before I was called. Actually, I lied, I never even gave it any thought in my life until I was called. Anyway The gigantic meal took place last Sunday and we were all ready to go with like 40 pounds of mashed potatoes and lots of stuffing, a ham, rolls, salad, all that kind of stuff and things went down rather smoothly. Anyway after it was all over it was time for clean up and luckily a few people stayed after to help. One of these people was my friend Derrick, who I would have enjoyed talking to during the clean up process but I could not because a guy named DUMPY was there and he was blabbing blabbing blabbing the whole time taking all of the conversation space and using it up for himself about boring dumb stuff. "Oh how many brothers do you have? That's right the one that is the track star and then the other one. And how many sisters? oh and do people in China have a lot of holidays? I got threatened by one of my students before... I used to be assistant manager of a Super Walmart... In Austrailia people have different accents... I have a racist leechy brother... blah blah blah" non stop from his mouth and I was getting so annoyed!! I decided to masque my irritation for him because, after all, he was helping clean up after the gigantic meal that I had basically spent all weekend preparing and worrying about. Finally when all the dishes were clean and all the tables put away, I was mopping the kitchen floor as the last thing to do and then DUMPY turns to me and says; "Thank you for staying after and helping us clean up!"

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I was so mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe it's dumb that I was mad, but why was this annoying guy thanking me as if it were his deal that we were cleaning up after?? Obviously he didn't realize that I was the person who was in charge of it and had cooked his very post-fasting dinner for him... but still it's not like he had anything to do with it either way, to go around being all annoying when I wanted to talk to Derrick but couldn't, and then thank the helpers as if it were him and his cause they were helping.

I know I will suffer in the after life for being upset about being "thanked" by someone and then making up a mean name for him and then writing a blog about it, but that is that.

Does anyone understand where I am coming from???

The End.

6 comments:

Heather said...

HAHAHAHAHA basically I was able to experience both the written and verbal form of this story and I love them both.



oh wait did you actually tell me about it or google chat it at me?

I can't remember because even when we google chat I hear your voice in my head. well sometimes its a male voice...with a different austrailian accent....and there are sometimes puppies barking in the background....


wait....nevermind

terrie said...

Yeah... both versions were written.

Heather said...

so the word was leaked about your blog at Mark's farwell tonight. So quit swearing so much.

Mrs. Walker said...

Man! That whole singles scene was really a bummer. I was called to the fasting commitee too...I didn't ever get into my singles ward much, but MAN, there were some Weirdos! Perhaps you should have just ignored him completely...I don't think behavior like that should go unpunished...I think that you should be The Singles Ward Punisher...and perhaps strike them with your fists of fury. Yes. That's a great character for you, and your new calling.

Erin Willis said...

You are hilarious. You should meet my brother. You guys are the same age. I don't remember which ward he is in, U2 maybe? Bishop Despain. He is way funny too. (BTW I got here from MC.)

terrie said...

erinwillis, i don't know how to contact you... :)